Exceptional customer service Get specialist help and advice. Series exploring the historical significance and impact on humans of a wide range of animals.
- Cancer Neurology in Clinical Practice (Current clinical Oncology).
- Silent Film and U.S. Naturalist Literature: Time, Narrative, and Modernity.
- Analytical Methods for Food Additives?
- Download Swan Reaktion Books Animal 2008?
- Publisher Series: Reaktion Animal!
- 16th century 'zoological goldmine' discovered – in pictures;
Each book in the series takes a different animal and examines its role in history around the world. The importance of mythology, religion and science are described as is the history of food, the trade in animals and their products, pets, exhibition, film and photography, and their roles in the artistic and literary imagination. Newsletter Google 4.
- Flamboyance of the flamingo explored in new book.
- Operation Compass 1940: Wavells Whirlwind Offensive (Campaign, Volume 73).
- Proceedings of the Fifth New England Bioengineering Conference?
- Leave a Reply.!
- Recent Articles.
- Why the Catholic Church Must Change: A Necessary Conversation.
- Knowing Animals!
Help pages. Prothero Michael J. Benton Richard Fortey View All.
Go to British Wildlife. Swan is a comprehensive natural and cultural history of this most dignified of birds.vipauto93.ru/profiles/iphone/come-copiare-la-rubrica-da-iphone-al-pc.php
Animal Series (Reaktion Books)
Peter Young relates the natural history of the swan: its elegant exterior concealing a lightweight frame; details of extinct species and the differences between the 8 surviving species; its power and endurance; its formation flying, which conserves energy and allows long-haul flights to be made at speed; its habitat and feeding habits. The book goes on to examine the uses and abuses of swans; questions of conservation; of the swan as food; and its widespread use in logos and brand-names.
Informed yet accessible, wide-ranging yet detailed, Swan will appeal to the wide audience interested in this graceful and beautiful bird. The swan has fascinated humanity for aeons - a fascination provoked not by its mere loveliness, but by the contrast between its appearance of perfection and its somewhat perverse nature. This beautiful bird makes for a poor meal by the way, and this is fitting.
This book is beautifully illustrated and replete with fascinating details of the natural history of swans, in addition to rich historical and cultural facts regarding the nominate animal.